There is not a day that goes by without a patient asking me for my recommendation about a certain cosmetic dental procedure.
When it comes to elective procedures like veneers, aesthetic periodontal treatment, etc. the sky is the limit. As a dual certificates specialist, I am able to take over any challenging case and complete it to the highest level. There many important questions that need to be answered by you, before you ask your prosthodontist what he can do for you, I recommend you spend some time to answer the questions below.
• What is your expectation from the treatment you are seeking? Are you looking for some degree of improvement or idealizing your case. If you are thinking about veneers, YOU need to answer if you want 2, 4, 8, 12 or 14 veneers, because you will be paying for it.
• How much time you are willing to spend? Or how frequently you will be available for your treatment visits? If you’d like to rush the case, please discuss it with Dr. Noohi in advance.
• How much money you are willing to spend on the treatment you are expecting to have. Have you set aside a budget for what you want? Or you are solely relying on your dental insurance to pay for it?
• Have you asked your dental insurance if they pay for cosmetic treatment?
• Are you aware anything that is labeled AESTEHTIC/COSMETIC is not payable by your dental insurance?
• Are you concerned about the quality of the care you get or you are looking for its affordability even if it is a superficial dental treatment. Most people want the best possible treatment but only a certain percentage would like to pay for that quality.
• Have you done any research to educate yourself about the treatment you are seeking? If you have not, I highly recommend you to consider doing it.
• Do you care if a team of specialists take over your treatment or you want a general dentist to do it all for you? Are you aware that dental specialist are in a better position to provide a more predictable treatment. You may think you will pay more, but longterm success is alway more important and will make it worth every penny you spent. Please remember, the most expensive dentistry is “re-doing Dentistry” , so it is best to do it the right way from the start.
• I think it is best to make a “wish list” and write what YOU want and then discuss with Dr. Noohi.
• I always tell my patients, I can find out what you “need” during the dental exam, but that is not the key, I’d like to know what you “want”. If you don’t know what you want, then it is pretty unpredictable to deliver a treatment that would satisfy you.
• Affordability does not mean lower Quality. Tell your Prosthodontist what you are looking for honestly and frankly, and I assure you will get a much better care and more predictable outcome.
Dr. BABAK NOOHI,
Your Capitol Hill Prosthodontist