There is not a day that goes by without a patient asking me for my recommendation about a certain cosmetic dental procedure.
When it comes to elective procedures like veneers, aesthetic periodontal treatment, etc. the sky is the limit. As a dual certificates specialist, I am able to take over any challenging case and complete it to the highest level. There many important questions that need to be answered by you, before you ask your prosthodontist what he can do for you, I recommend you spend some time to answer the questions below.
• What is your expectation from the treatment you are seeking? Are you looking for some degree of improvement or idealizing your case. If you are thinking about veneers, YOU need to answer if you want 2, 4, 8, 12 or 14 veneers, because you will be paying for it.
• How much time you are willing to spend? Or how frequently you will be available for your treatment visits?
• How much money you are willing to spend on the treatment you are expecting to have. Have you set aside a budget for what you want? Or you are solely relying on your dental insurance to pay for it?
• Have you asked your dental insurance if they pay for cosmetic treatment?
• Are you aware anything that is labeled AESTEHTIC/COSMETIC is not payable by your dental insurance?
• Are you concerned about the quality of the care you get or you are looking for its affordability even if it is a superficial dental treatment.
• Have you done any research to educate yourself about the treatment you are seeking?
• Do you care if a team of specialists take over your treatment or you want a general dentist to do it all for you?
• I think it is best to make a list and write what YOU want and then discuss with your dentist.
• I always tell my patients, I can find out what you “need” during the dental exam, but that is not the key, I’d like to know what you “want”. If you don’t know what you want, then it is pretty unpredictable to deliver a satisfactorily treatment outcome.
• Affordability does not mean lower Quality. An affordable quality work will last the same as ideal quality work, when it is done by a prosthodontist. Tell your Prosthodontist what you are looking for honestly and frankly, and I assure you will get a much better care and more predictable outcome.
Dr. BABAK NOOHI,
Your Capitol Hill Prosthodontist